[nagdu] Drop Offs

Darla djrogers0628 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:07:28 UTC 2014

Hi Nicole,

At my first school, the area around it in which one could work safely was
fairly small; our instructor went in and out of alley; made U turns, etc.
etc.

I didn't have a scintilla of an idea where I was.  Suddenly, the wind blew
lightly, and I heard the palm trees--hoping they were the only ones around,
I made an executive decision about which way to go--and I was half a block
from the school, and my instructor was almost ticked off; he asked me how I
did it, and I told him.

Good orientation and paying attention to my environment, I'm thinking.

I think GDB has done several different ways of handling self-orientation,
but I remember most being dropped off in an area we had worked before; I
don't seem to remember a drop off at GDA, but they gave us a route--that
doesn't work well for me--in our "home neighborhood"--if you will--to route
and back to the lounge.

I simply don't commit things to memory I know I won't be using in 3-4 weeks;
I use my other skills to remember or find out where I am rather than
remembering useless info.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. <giggle>
Darla & Handsome Huck