[nagdu] Trimming fur between paw pads?

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 20:06:36 UTC 2014

Daryl, for most working breeds, labs for example,  there is no reason to
trim the fur on the feet. Just simply wash her feet with warm water and just
a bit of soap, rinse the feet, of course. Dogs step in all kind of nasty
things.

But for goldens, it is a must you trim the feet. All kind of junk, twigs,
mud, can get caught in the fur on the feet of goldens. I have just used a
small sizzors. Before my dog's nails get cut I sit and trim the fur so the
tech can easily see the nails. It also helps my blind husband to trim the
nails if the fur is out of the way.

Warmly,

Becky and Jake