[nagdu] Behaviour in public places

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 19 16:50:00 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Taylor's behaviour in public places.
We haven't had much opportunities to practice it yet, but I already noticed
the following: Each time we were in a café or another place where alot of
other people are, Taylor won't stay quiet for a long time.

The other day we met with some people in a café. Taylor laid down next to my
chair but everytime the waitress walked by or the door was opened by new
customers, he stood up and wanted to greet them. But also when noone walked
by, he would get up and try to sniff around. He tried to go under nearby
tables and chairs and everytime I took him back, it made alot of noise
because the chairs were scratching on the floor and so on. It was really not
nice at all.
And it's like this everytime we sit somewhere in a similar surrounding. What
I do is telling him to lie down. Right now, I don't really know what else to
do. Of course, I know that when I get frustrated about that, he immediately
notices that and then nothing gets better.... But it's not easy to stay all
kind and calm in such a situation.

During training, we only practiced in a bakery that was small and quiet.
when we sat there and had coffee, he was perfectly still. But there were no
people walking by or entering the room. It was just small and quiet so I
think there were not many distractions for him.

What are your suggestions? What could I do in such situations to make this
better? Any idea is very appreciated.

greetings from Germany
Lisa