[nagdu] Oops! Re: [Gdui-chat] Halloween preparations?

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:18:19 UTC 2014

Hi Daryl, I was going to send a question to the list today
because of two experiences that happened yesterday.  I went to a
Toastmaster's conference.  YESTERDAY morning we had the
Presentation of the Colors done by some young people from
Fairchild Air Force Base.  Neena began to growl and at one point
barked while this was going on.  I have never been given a
description of exactly what happens during this ceremony, but
apparently it involves gestures and they had guns that they were
using as part of the ceremony.  Neena was NOT thrilled.  I
quieted her as best as I could, but it was not a time to do a
huge leash correction or anything.  But she definitely knew that
I wasn't thrilled with her behavior and wanted it to stop.  At
the same time, I also figured that it was something that perhaps
frightened her.  I don't know if it was the uniforms, or what.
But later that day, a lady made a speech where she used a stick
as a prop.  It was about a stick horse that she have as a child.
Neena was not thrilled with that, either.  It's still early on in
our relationship, not home that long, only since the end of July
and I don't want this to become an issue.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.  And it does concern me with Halloween coming up.
Peace,    Debby and Neena