[nagdu] Poodles and other Cute Breeds

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Mon Oct 27 18:44:11 UTC 2014

Oh my god a voice of logic in common sense in the wilderness, Julie you are
my hero.--smile.

We are all individuals, sooner or later something that another handler does
is going to bother us.
I do my best to try   to live and let live.

I have had dogs for twenty years, when I started out I was a cocky kid and I
knew what everyone should do--smile.
But the stuff that I would smugly say to myself eventually happened to me.
I would say "I would never let my dog wonder around"  Then one day at
convention my dog got away and I was not able to get him back--llo.
I would see people with distracted dogs and say "that will never happen to
me" and my third doggie was very distracted and boy people weren't nice
about it believe me.

So I really do try to just leave things alone or talk to people.
The one thing that bothers me, something which seems not to be a problem for
many list members, is seeing people harshly correct a dog for no conceivable
reason, treat their dogs like a robot, have a heavy hand, yell at, or in
other ways overcorrect or chastise their dogs.
Seeing that type of behavior was one thing that led me not to get a dog for
a few years before I decided indeed to take the plunge.
But look, I don't actually tell people off (whether you believe that or not
from seeing my posts--lol). I believe that everyone has their own handling
style and even if I'm bothered by things it's really not my business.

So we do have to strike a balance.
I myself, would rather see someone who is a bit unorthodox or lax in
handling who genuinely loves their dog than someone who corrects the
bejeezus out of the dog.

So, conclusion, we are all adults and have to treat others like adults, jmo
of course.

Dan W.

dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net

Dan