[nagdu] Trimming fur between paw pads?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:20:44 UTC 2014

As the owner of a golden, it is a must! Goldens grow in nice fuzzy,
thick slippers that have to be trimmed to keep anything from getting
caught and clumped in their paws.
I personally use baby nail scissors. They're nice and tiny and easy to
use. I trim the hair between the pads, between the toes, and over the
claws as well. I use these same scissors to trim his ear hair and any
necessary trimmings around his skirt or feathering.

On 10/20/14, Abigail Bolling via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I do trim my labradors fuzzy paw pads.
> I honestly let my vet do it before he trims her nails.
> My vet didnt charge me anything extra either!
>
> Abby and Jada
>
> Abigail Bolling
> Wright State University: Social Work
>
> "Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart, and just let the music
> play." (Julie Anderson Diamond)
>
>> On Oct 18, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Becky Frankeberger via nagdu
>> <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Daryl, for most working breeds, labs for example,  there is no reason to
>> trim the fur on the feet. Just simply wash her feet with warm water and
>> just
>> a bit of soap, rinse the feet, of course. Dogs step in all kind of nasty
>> things.
>>
>> But for goldens, it is a must you trim the feet. All kind of junk, twigs,
>> mud, can get caught in the fur on the feet of goldens. I have just used a
>> small sizzors. Before my dog's nails get cut I sit and trim the fur so
>> the
>> tech can easily see the nails. It also helps my blind husband to trim the
>> nails if the fur is out of the way.
>>
>> Warmly,
>>
>> Becky and Jake

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com