[nagdu] Class - Dog Day!

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 05:30:14 UTC 2014

Hi, Tracy,

How time flies! It seems like just yesterday that Ben was a young pup. And
here you are with a brand new successor guide! Krokus sounds like a fine
fellow, bright, eager, and cheery, like the spring flower. May you two enjoy
many years of happy partnership!

It sounds as if the new TSE training schedule does not include days of
"heeling" your dog around the building before you are allowed to put the
harness on and use the dog as a guide. I think this is a positive change. I
didn't like the heeling part, especially since we weren't allowed to use our
canes to help us travel around, so what actually happened was that we were
sort of depending on the dogs to "leash guide" without the dogs or people
ever having been taught to do this.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures with Krokus as you
begin going out for walks about town together.

Best,
Ann & Panda