[nagdu] Class day 4

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Oct 30 10:52:08 UTC 2014

Sue told me Krokus is a yellow lab, but actually he's a cross.  This
explains the golden paw, the wavy fur on his back, and possibly his desire
to pick up everything.  I was putting on my shoes and couldn't find one
until Krokus dropped it.  Ditto socks.  He hasn't chewed anything, just
picked it up, though he might chew if unsupervised.  I was wondering how
this wild puppy could sit in my office even from arrival to lunch, but
today, after a good game of ring-tuging by me snoring.
We had our first walk in town yesterday.  He did real well.  I didn't have
to correct him at all, just tell him Straight once when he was distracted
in the street.  Today we do that walk again with a barrier, then move on
to a more crowded area, and start our first traffic checks.
He's very excitable, and seems very young, but responsive and willing.
Don't goldens mature late?
I'll try to bring the netbook to the downtown lounge and catch up on email
some today.
Tracy
, he's ly