[nagdu] Writing a blog

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:11:01 UTC 2014

People have asked me before if Soleil is a pitbull because she has the big square labby head. lol. People also seem surprised it's not "against the law" to train your own dog.
Also there are the people who donate to the various guide dog programs who seem to find me, mostly in airports, who come up and without as much as a "hello" start asking me questions about where I get my dog, then tell me about how much money they have donated to whatever program, then want to know why I don't want a "real guide dog."
From the program to which they donate, of course.  People are surprised that a Deafblind person can have a guide dog.
One time, I was in a coffee shop, and I dropped an empty container of cream cheese, and my dog picked it up to give to me, and some woman started screaming at her for "being a bad dog and trying to eat people food."
We had words about that. lol

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 8:56 AM, Deanna Lewis via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> I sometimes get the one about who takes care of your dog for you. Also, that dog takes such good care of you, that one irks me, LOL.
> About dog breed, people always ask if Pascal has golden in him, since his fur is rather long, thick, and wavy for a lab. But, he is full lab. His is also a very big dog, at 80 pounds, and he is tall also. So, people tend to be scared of him. I was on an elevator the other day and a man got in, he said, "Wow, there's a horse in here!" I believe he was joking, but I often do call Pascal my little horse.
> Deanna and Pascal

>>> 2. How old is he?
>>> 3. And perhaps my favorite: He looks just like [insert name of
>>> beloved
>> departed family pet].
>>>
>>> Misconceptions:
>>> 1. How does he know when to cross the street? Does he read the