[nagdu] {Spam?} First week of training

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Sep 13 18:26:25 UTC 2014

Yikes. Of course, it is up to you how you handle this, but I would not
tolerate being treated that way. You are an intelligent, responsible adult,
so you have the right to understand what is going on. If you think that it
might make the trainer a little more open and would not cause the dog to be
taken away, you could try telling the trainer that, if he tells you to do
something without explaining why or without giving a thorough enough answer,
you are not going to do it. You could also try telling him that all of his
criticisms are making you nervous. There is more than one way to say
something, and people don't have to use the bluntest way there is. Just
because this man is good at training dogs does not mean that he can lack in
his communication skills with other humans.
	As for why he did not let you see the dog the first two days, maybe
he was kind of doing what some of the American schools do. When you attend
one of the programs in the United States, the first few days, The trainers
watch you walk and you do obedience and kind of guide work by telling the
trainer the commands and the trainer kind of pretending to be the dog,
including sometimes not following the commands.
	Why can't you tell us about the training harness? Why is the harness
different for training?

Nicole