[nagdu] Washington Post: Ubersued for allegedlyrefusingridestothe blind and putting a dogin the trunk

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Sep 14 21:23:51 UTC 2014

I don't think that you can request a certain kind of ride; however, in my
area, vans are becoming more popular. I have never been in a taxi that was
too small for Lexia. If you need a wheelchair van, you have to call certain
companies and arrange ahead of time. I think that some of these problems
would be a little easier to solve if there were more laws about taxi
companies in general being required to keep track of their taxis, provide
updates to passengers who are waiting on rides, requiring  drivers to
actually pick up the person once a ride has been accepted instead of playing
hot potato with the ride request, and, once a driver has actually committed
to a ride, actually picking up the correct person instead of whoever happens
to be at that location. I have called the company before to ask where in the
world my taxi is only to find out that the taxi picked up the wrong person,
which I am pretty sure was on purpose because the driver saw the dog from a
distance. I agree that people make up all kinds of crap, and I actually fell
for it once when I did not know the laws, but I find that it is usually the
drivers rather than the dispatchers.

Nicole