[nagdu] Washington Post: Uber sued forallegedlyrefusingridestothe blind and putting a dog in the trunk

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 09:56:45 UTC 2014

Debbie,

We don't have Lift or Uber or even a taxi where I live, but how would a
person handle a situation where say they had been shopping and had a large
package?  If you need space for stuff does the ap have some way to indicate
that?  I'd think the dog concern would be the same.

I have a very big, 85 pound, dog and have not had problems with fitting him
into small cars.  I have never been in the new sub compact cars though, so
maybe he couldn't fit.  I don't know.

I don't think I've heard anyone telling you that you can't give advance
notice, others here have said they give advance notice too.  It's a personal
thing.  I don't, expect for very rare occasions where I'm requesting
something related to the dog.  That's my personal preference.  I find that
it creates more headache than it saves, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.  Who
knows?

Julie