[nagdu] Pitbulls and Reputations was RE: A leisurely walk oranightmare? Dog aggressionincreasingin Davis, Calif.

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Sep 15 14:08:19 UTC 2014

A friend's pet golden was recently attacked by a pit bull, in an area where
I often walk.  The pit bull was a rescue.  Its owner was walking it when it
pulled away and attacked my friend's dog.  It took some time to get the pit
off her, and she needed a lot of stiches on her shoulders, sides and legs.
She really got mauled.  It was the second time this pit had attacked a dog,
so the owner had it put down.  I'm sorry for the owner, who my friend says
seems very nice, but I'm relieved that I can walk in that area without being
on high alert.
Tracy