[nagdu] Mike re: posting limit

Jen jenandnixon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:01:02 UTC 2014

Mike:

I was asking the rational as it seems the same people who violate the rules,
I personally feel the moderators should consider speaking with them in
private and put them on moderated status until they understand the etiquette
of this particular list. Sorry if folks thinks I am jumping the gun, but it
is the same people doing this, and I just think, posting these reminders all
the time,when members who rarely post and only read, like myself, it tends
to clutter up our boxes, more than those who send messages in overkill.
Sometimes, a bit of leeway needs to be considered, and in private help those
folks who are not as computer literate or understand, how lists work etc.

I only found out, members of the NAGDU board are acting as moderators, when
it isn't their position to step in and remind folks of the rules, it is the
moderator's discretion to step in those circumstances. I run a group, where
there has been board members on there, but they don't have the position to
step in, but if there are concerns, they direct them to me to look after and
step in if the need arises, as I have the control of the group, in this
case, it is Marsha's list, even if the board "dictates" the rules.

At this point, after being a member of this group, even though I've enjoyed
many discussions that were of interest to me, and rarely do post, I think it
is in the best of interest, as it seems the information and concerns
addressed are not being conveyed in the best of light and I'm only sending
out suggestions to moderators in how to best improve their abilities to
conduct themselves as the best moderators they can be, as I've moderated
groups for over 15 years. I will admit, I've made my share of mistakes;
however, those mistakes are not made twice, *grin*, and I've been able to
create some family-oriented and fun environments on the lists I run, etc.
sadly, I may not please everyone, which is typical, but there are folks who
do support and understand how to best approach and solve problems in
differing levels.

Give all your pups a great scratch behind the ears for me, please!

Jen and Aiken McEachen

Pampered Critters House and Pet Sitting Services

Email me to inquire about my services at: pamperedcritters at gmail.com
<mailto:pamperedcritters at gmail.com>

www.pamperedcritters.ca <http://www.pamperedcritters.ca>  /
http://www.facebook.com/pamperedcritters.ca