[nagdu] where the dog should ride was Service Dogs on PublicTransportation was RE: Uber suedfor allegedly refusing ridesto the blindandputting a dog inthe trunk

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:02:51 UTC 2014

Hi Julie, I can only speak for Seeing Eye training, and we do
learn to get the dogs on the floor.  However some back seat floor
space is more difficult.  I have had to put my feet on the seat,
(I did take my shoes off) in order for my dog to have room, and
for there to be a place for my feet.  I also had an experience on
the bus the other day.  I generally sit toward the front so that
Neena can ride under the seat in front of me.  But this day,
there were a bunch of people already in the front, and although
one of the ladies made space for Neena and me, I didn't like the
situation.  I'd ridden with her before.  She's an elderly lady
who uses a walker.  Last time, Neena and I had to get off the bus
in order for her to get off without tripping over me and Neena,
oh getting her walker tangled.  So I thought that I'd just remedy
the situation and move back a seat.  Wow! It was very narrow.
Neena did okay, but we were both happy when the seats with more
space were available again.    Peace,    Debby and Neena