[nagdu] question about shedding

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 09:40:05 UTC 2014

I have a Doberman.  I've only had her for a month now.  She does shed, a
bit.  I mean she sheds in an entire month what my oldest dog looses in one
swipe of the brush, pretty minimal.  She does have only a single coat, no
undercoat to keep her warm.  She also has next to no body fat, so a heavy
duty winter coat is going to be in order.

I know next to nothing about poodles and honestly little about Dobermans,
but I'm learning lots.  Jetta is easy to handle, extremely eager to work,
thrives on challenge and tests the limits at every opportunity.  Once we get
established what is okay and what isn't she's good, but it takes consistent
and no nonsense handling.     There can be absolutely no "just this once"
with her.

Julie