[nagdu] quiet toys

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 15:13:28 UTC 2014

Emily,
First, I applaud you for understanding that your pup is young and that
he needs to keep entertained. Some younger dogs do not settle as
easily or sit quietly for as long as adult dogs do.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure of any quiet dog toys that would really
keep York entertained. Soft toys would be gutted and shredded, and
hard toys, even antlers or hooves, would make noise with all the
grinding, crunching, and scraping of the teeth on the toy.
The best thing is to help your dog settle, and reinforce sitting
quietly. Give treats or just praise and pats every so often. Also, try
to make your dog as comfortable as possible so that he will sleep
during these long sessions of needing to be still and quiet. Perhaps
take his harness off so he can relax easier. Some dogs are just not
able to relax with the harness on.

On 9/28/14, debby phillips via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi, I agree with Cindy.  Soon your dog will just sigh, and go to
> sleep.  On occasion if I know that a floor will be hard and
> possibly cold, I will bring a blanket on the floor.  This does
> make for a little more comfortable time for the dog.  But I only
> do it if I know that the floor will be cold and hard.  Most of
> the time I don't know, and wish I had brought something, and end
> up letting my dog lie on my jacket if there seems to be
> discomfort.     Debby and Neena

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com