[nagdu] Extreme Cold

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Sep 28 15:19:49 UTC 2014

I have a sweater I put on my dog when it's particularly cold and I know we
will be waiting for a bus.  My current dog doesn't seem to mind the cold,
but my previous dog would shiver.  The sweater has a turtle-neck I can pull
up by the ears a bit.
Don't let your dog lick or eat snow anywhere near cars.  Antifreeze tastes
sweet, so they say, and is extremely toxic. The symptoms are frequent
vomitting.

I used to live in Minnesota, and went out often when it was -30 or even
worse.  Try to minimize the time you're standing still, is all I can say.
And dogs are great for getting through deep snow!
Tracy