[nagdu] scavenging

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Sun Sep 28 20:37:05 UTC 2014

Danielle,
You may have to use the Halti anytime you are in a place where food could be
on the ground. I'd do this for a few weeks before testing him without the
Halti.  If he snarfs up something, back to the Halti for a few more weeks.
The dog will soon get the messege that snarfing off the ground isn't cool.

Everytime your dog sucessfully gets something off the floor or ground, it is
reinforcing the practise and he will do it again and again.  Head collars
are a pain but if you want to break a bad habit, it is a great tool.

Lyn
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown