[nagdu] scavenging

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 01:30:51 UTC 2014

Danielle,

Oh I know this well. My first dog was a scavenger. What I would do is
try to get it out ASAP. then, if it was intact I'd use the food and
rework to area again. If not, I'd correct and move on but I would use
food distractions in obedience until the offending behavior would
stop. Hope this helps and good Luck. Oh, and I only allowed him to
take treats from people's hands with my permission and "take it"
command. What is a halti and how is it different from the Gentle
Leader? Like Dar, I used the GL with my second dog for speed control
mainly. I was glad to be introduced it it.

Danielle