[nagdu] Relieving on concrete

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Sep 30 15:35:11 UTC 2014

I strongly advise you to get her used to relieving on concrete before you
come to NYC.  Much less stressful for you to work on it at home than here.
When I get a new dog who's not used to concrete, I take him only on
concrete until he gets the idea.  The street in front of my house is
pretty quiet, so I insist he go off the curb, not going too far out, and
not going on the grass, until he gets the idea.  I do the same at work,
where there isn't any grass anyway.  The safest place is between 2 parked
cars, if you can arrange it, with not enough room for another car to pull
in.
I keep the leash short, so the dog can't go too far.  TSE leashes are nice
and short, doubled over.
Tracy

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/janice.toothman%40