[nagdu] Scavenging While Relieving

Alysha alyshaj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 23:46:37 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been home with Xylon, my second Seeing Eye dog, for a little over two
months now. He's absolutely wonderful, but he wants to try and eat
everything whenever I let him sniff around outside when relieving! He'll try
to eat rocks, grass, mulch, dirt, or whatever he can get into his mouth.
He's actually not too bad about scavenging while he's working or in the
house, but when we stop, and especially when it's time to relieve, he turns
into a doggy vacuum. I try and take him to areas where random debris is
limited, but I think Xylon could find something to eat anywhere! Any ideas
on how to keep him from eating stuff while still letting him sniff around to
find a good spot to do his business? Is this just a puppy thing that I can
expect him to grow out of?

Thanks,

Alysha and Xylon