[nagdu] muzzle question.

Mária Orovčíková maria.orovcikova at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:12:44 UTC 2015

Hello list,
I would like to ask you for help again.
as I have said a few times my dog is trained to relieve off-leash.
Everything was fine until now.
About a month ago someone put a sticker on each appartment complex door
saying that people who have dogs must pick up after them. In case they
will be seen not picking up, they will be reported to the police. All
the same text was posted on my town Facebook page. Someone commented
that it was written by someone who might not like dogs. Another person
commented that people should not have dogs in this town and dogs should
be strictly for bidden because many people let their dogs poop on the
pavement and not pick after them. Another person then commented that
they have seen meat and bones on the grass and they were worried it
might be poisonous for our dogs. They think that someone has had enough
of the mess and poops on the pavements and people not picking up after
dogs and they will try to get rid of dogs by putting poisonous meat and
bones around.
My dog is trained to relieve off-leash and I am so worried that he might
eat something of the ground.
Is it possible to train 11-years-old dog to get used to a muzzle?
I have tried to put it a few times, but she did not like it at all. When
she had it She was salivating that much and she had kind of nasty
infection on her mounth.
Any kind of advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.
With kind regards
Maria and Demi