[nagdu] ADA

Ashley Coleman amc05111 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 00:01:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,
This afternoon I was researching disability services in community colleges
in North Carolina for a project I'm working on. I noticed that BCC has a
clause in their disability handbook that I find interesting. It states:
"BCC has the right to request certification for support animals that
documents an animal is properly trained as a service animal. The
certification must come from an organization that trains service animals. It
must contain a doctor's statement explaining why the service animal is
needed. It must also contain a certification of health from a veterinarian.
Accommodations are made on an individual basis."

I'm not the best person to ask about the ADA, so I decided to bring this to
you all. This doesn't seem right to me. This feels wrong. Am I right? Should
this be changed?

Thoughts anyone?

--
Thank you