[nagdu] ADA

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Apr 14 00:37:19 UTC 2015

I do not often respond, and I might be splitting hairs but I do not feel
that a guide dog is a support animal.  It is a service animal. When it
refers to the service animal as a support animal it makes me wonder if
they are referring to other types of assistance service animals (i.e.
emotional support, seizure detection) that may not be as well behaved or
trained.  Therefore, they added the clause to ensure that a "legitimate"
relationship that mitigates a disability or in a support animal, a
medical/psychiatric condition.

I would object to the "certification" aspect in as far as owner-trained
dogs do effectively perform their tasks and would have problems with
certification.

Non of us want more bureaucracy in our lives than we need and it is not
necessary.
Janice, who somewhat patiently waits for her new guide dog