[nagdu] Jenny's barking update: 3 steps forward, 1 step back

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 16 15:56:53 UTC 2015

Gey, guys!

I posted several weeks ago about jenny's barking at work or in harness.  For those of you I talk to on Twitter, this is probably old news, but we have had much success along the way, and one setback.

The Good:
It has been nearly a month since Jenny has last barked in harness.  The one time she started to bark (about two weeks ago), I stopped it before it started, and we've encountered all kinds of left-side approaches with no problems.
With cooler and/or cloudier weather, we have no barking AT ALL, and even on warmer sunny days where I know the pressure hurts her ears, I give her Rescue Remedy (which takes away the edge).

The not-so-good:
Jenny seems to feel the dramatic pressure shift 30-60 minutes before I do... so more than once she's startled awake and let out a bark, pawing at her ear.  If this is what I have to work with, I am OK with it... I just think I need to give her Rescue Remedy when we get to work, then perhaps when we get home on these days.

It feels weird that there is nothing more I can give her... I can't scold her for barking as a pain response... even occasionally when she DOES bark in pain, it's 1 bark and she's done.

Just thoguht you guys should know :)

Daryl