[nagdu] Fake Service Dogs

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Aug 3 21:16:55 UTC 2015

In order to be a service dog it must be trained to do a task.  In the
case of PTSD, for example, it may help the woman get out of a
situation that is causing extreme stress or protect her from other
people if they are pushing in too close.  If the dog does not have a
task then it is an assistance or emotional support dog and that is not
covered under ADA.  If it is business owners who are asking you then
you can tell them they can ask if the dog is trained to do a task and
what task is it trained to do. I have seen guide dogs that were
trained at the best schools in the U.S. and they aren't behaving well
either.  Just because a dog is misbehaving doesn't mean it isn't
trained.  There are people who do not maintain t
he training once they get home.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053