[nagdu] Dog ownership in other areas of the world

Jennifer Woods jenn.purplepuppy2 at icloud.com
Wed Aug 5 04:29:40 UTC 2015

What has it been like going from the US to New Zealand?
Bah

On Aug 4, 2015, at 5:50 PM, Bonnie Mosen via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi Jody, Lizzie had to go into a home quarantine--meaning she could stay in the house with us until the government vet cleared her. The quarantine lasts for ten days. Other animals have to stay at a facility, but because she is a service animal she was allowed in the home and in the cabin of air New Zealand on the trip over. Funnily, before I arrived, the Ministry of Primary Industries--our USDA sent the vet out to make sure the house was suitable for quarantine. I had to pick up after her--which I do anyway and flush the poop down the toilet, as they didn't want it going into the soil until she was cleared. I went to the States for a visit a few months ago, and she still had to be in home quarantine upon my return, but I didn't get the warning about the poop this time. Smile

Cheers
Bonnie