[nagdu] Blind man's bluff, or is it buff?--lol

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Wed Aug 12 15:10:04 UTC 2015

Now talking about balls and games and such.
Picture the scene, yes guys, I love that phrase--lol.
Middlebury college, 1998, Japanese language summer course attended by Dan W.
and dog numero dos, Evan.
They had this activity where you played traditional sports or games in
Japanese.
There was one game that I suppose was sort of like blind man's buff.
You had a watermelon and you were supposed to use a wooden stick to smash
the ripe watermelon or at least hit it and cut it. Problem is you were left
in the middle of this field and you didn't know where the watermelon was so
you had to find it before anyone else did.

Since we were all blind supposedly,they were all wearing sleep shades and
guess who wasn't, me nothing blinder than a totally blind guy--lol,  your
team was supposed to  make   a code word that meant hotter as in you're
getting hotter you're getting closer.
The code word they thought of for me was Dan, very creative--lol.
I had a member of the audience hold Evan while I started out but as  Evan
heard people saying "dan dan dan" no" no no "oh dan dan Dan" Evan apparently
kept looking at me as if to say "what are these guys, nuts?--lol.

I won by the way, but I think the only thing I won was a high five--smile.
Not really that much related but I like the story so I'm telling it.

Dan W.