[nagdu] Arbitrary restrictions on playing with future guide dogs

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Aug 13 18:57:50 UTC 2015

Yes, exactly.  In most reasonably even tempered dogs who are not dangerous,
winning at tug games will increase confidence or provide exercise or
reinforce a good relationship with the person.   I think with dogs who are
unstable, truly aggressive or have other very serious temperament issues,
tug games could cause problems.  We are talking about guide dogs here and
the chances of a dog who would go all cujo over a game of tug is pretty
slim.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC