[nagdu] process of getting a guide dog from leader dog

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 20:09:19 UTC 2015

So John, does this mean that you will not be getting a dog from
Leader? I'm a little confused.

I will say that young dogs need work.  I don't do 2 miles a day,
I get up very early to get ready for work, but we do that every
day, and on weekends I try to do some different things.

With the fires all around where I live, the smoke in the air has
made the air unhealthy.  Today they said that people should stay
inside, and bring pets inside as well, and that it may be this
way for the weekend.  Perhaps Nova and I can go to the mall
tomorrow or Sunday.  My lungs are a little dicey anyway for
walking in all that smoky air.  But it is important to have some
place where you and your dog can work every day.

John, I don't see that you have failed.  It may be that you live
in an area that is not good for safe walking.  Then you have to
make some decisions.  What are the options for moving? Would you
consider doing that if it meant that you would have more places
to go? What about taking a bus to another part of your town and
going somewhere in a different area? Just some thoughts.    Debby
and Nova