[nagdu] Just saw this: Guide dogs and athletes

Passle Helminski passle at roadrunner.com
Sun Aug 23 18:56:30 UTC 2015

Daryl,

Congrats on your 3K!

I am packing to go out of town for 4 days without my computer so if I do not get back to you after this post I will when I get back.

Make sure your vet says it is ok to increase your mileage.  Practice in to cool part of the day if you can.  Build up to walking a 5K then run a mile, walk a mile, run a mile, walk a mile…..until you can run a whole 5K.  Like when you start to run you run for a minute and walk for a minute then repeat.  Do not feed your dog before a morning race.

Half marathons and marathons my dog is waiting at the finish line to great me.

e mail off list at passle at roadrunner.com

Passle