[nagdu] Don't pretend was process of getting a guide dog from leader dog

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Aug 24 18:14:08 UTC 2015

Debby's advice is good.  I'd add, don't try to walk faster than you're
really comfortable doing.  I know of 2 people who did that, trying to
impress the trainer, I guess, and got a dog, only to have a dog change 3
or 4 days later, when it became clear that trying to keep up with a fast
or hard-pulling dog was physically more than they could handle.  If you're
naturally a fast walker, walk fast.  If you like to stroll, then stroll.
Just be yourself; you don't need to impress anyone. Trying to work a dog
with the wrong pace is no fun at all.
Tracy