[nagdu] Trying to understand: denial of access bad allergies

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:27:08 UTC 2015

Aleeha,
As someone with a life threatening allergy, I agree with you.
Firstly, if you have this kind of allergy your employer needs to have it on record.
Secondly, yes, you need to be very careful where you work.  It is not anyone else's responsibility to take care of you.  It is the people with the allergy who are responsible for either not putting themselves in situations where you may become ill, to the best of your ability, or to remove yourself from that situation and take whatever meds you need to take.
I think one of the issues with Uber and other taxi companies is that the people managing the drivers do not make it very clear, even before the driver is hired that there will be a highly likelyhood of encounters with people who either have service animals or people with animal hair or whatever on their person, and you will be locked in a small enclosed space for minutes at a time with these people should you wish to drive a taxi.
This seems like a very obvious thing that should not need to be brought up by the employer but some people just don't think.
So I do think that during the interview, taxi companies need to make this very clear.

They should also ask about allergies to dog or animal hair for this reason.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone