[nagdu] a Straw Argument: Freedom of choice?

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 20:27:15 UTC 2015

I wonder why the schools that don't give ownership immediately seem to think
that a blind person is more likely to abuse, neglect or misuse a dog than a
sighted person who goes down to the humane society, fills out a few papers
and walks off with a new pet. T me, that's what conditional ownership
implies. We don't trust you to take care of your dog in the best way, so
we're going to withhold ownership until we decide you are worthy. And yes, I
have gotten all my dogs from GDB, so I attend a school with conditional
ownership. and I don't like it. I have other reasons for going to GDB, but I
don't like their ownership policy and have been trying to get on their
alumni board, specifically so I can try to argue for a policy change. Not
that I really think it will do any good.

Sherry