[nagdu] Fwd: A question

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 18:18:52 UTC 2015

Hi:

First, I am sorry you are having these difficulties.  The service dog
schools do not train guide dogs so, that will not help you.  If you are
legally blind, then what excuse did the guide dog schools give for not
accepting you?  Did they feel you still had too much sight to benefit from a
guide dog?  Were you denied due to your other medical issues?There are
several schools to choose from.  Some are more willing to accept people with
special needs which might fit your situation.  I am an example of this.
Last year when I had to retire my dog, I applied to ten schools.  Many of
them turned me down because of my physical limitations.  I kept trying and
finally was accepted and received the perfect match for me.

Sandra