[nagdu] process of getting in to the seeing eye

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:20:29 UTC 2015

Hi John, Debby here.  Well, the more specific you are about breed
and gender the longer you may have to wait.  The school will want
to make sure and match you with the best possible dog, and part
of that depends on your pace, and how strong or gentle a pull you
want.  If they find a dog that they think might be just great for
you, but you have specified breed and gender and this dog happens
to be say, a male Lab, but you have said that you want a female
Golden, then you might have to wait longer.  It's fine to be
specific, but it does make it harder for the school to do the
match.  I have never specified breed or gender, although I think
if I was really pushed to do so, I couldn't.  I love Goldens, but
I also love Labs, which is what I have now.  Good luck, John!
Debby and Seeing Eye dog Nova