[nagdu] Guides at NFB training centers

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:17:25 UTC 2015

HI Raven, I actually agree with you.  I think this is why some
people believe that NFB is anti-dog.  I personally think that
part of travel instruction for those with dogs should be using
the dog rather than the cane.  I am all for good cane skills, but
traveling with a dog is different than traveling with a cane.  I
believe that it is demeaning for people who use dogs to never be
allowed to use them for Center activities, too.  But it is
doubtful that the Training Centers will change.  Which is too
bad.  I believe that other things I learned at the Colorado
Center were wonderful, and practical and helped me a lot.  I just
wish that TSE could have sent someone to help me with Lamar when
I was there, and that the Center would have allowed me to do some
travel with him.  Perhaps he would not be retired now.    Debby
and Nova