[nagdu] Not vocalizing in the Halti? WAS Re: a goat

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:17:18 UTC 2015

When I got my first dog, there was a shop that had a huge stuffed
bear-I don't think it was real.  Maxy barked at it.  A friend was
with me who probably at that moment, knew more about dogs than
me.  He said to let her sniff it.  She did, and never barked at
that big bear.  When I had my third dog, I was living in
Portland, Oregon.  They have horse-mounted police.  One day, Nat
just froze.  I reached out to see what was going on, and she was
deeply sniffing this horse's leg.  The horse was standing
perfectly still.  I corrected her, greeted the officer and we
went on our way.  But she's lucky that horse didn't startle with
that cold nose on its knee.  I used to startle when she put her
cold nose on me.  Lol.

When I lived in the country and had Cleo, she'd sit on the front
porch and growl at the coyotes off in the distance.  I'd stand
there holding her leash, and she'd growl at them, this really
low, terrible growl.  Then I'd lead her back inside and she'd be
all tail wagging and happy again.  But boy, that low growl was
made to be scary.  Of course, I never wanted her to run out and
try to attack those coyotes.  I doubt she'd have stood a chance.
Debby and Nova