[nagdu] should the world conform to our desires was Guides at NFB training centers

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Aug 31 14:32:12 UTC 2015

Julie, what if I want to go to one of the centers for all of the other
great training available but they can't accommodate my use of a guide
dog?  As it currently stands, I can't go unless I am willing to use a
cane all day every day throughout the training time.  I agree that I
could learn a lot by using the discovery method but I am, primarily, a
dog user.  How do I translate that discovery method into using my dog?
 I have used my cane between dogs on 3 different occasions and did it
well but I didn't learn the discovery method.  I don't even have a
problem with using a cane part of the day, especially during O&M
classes and going out on activities.  We always get angry because
companies and organizations want to maintain the statis quo rather
than adapting to changing times.  Well, times are changing and the
centers may need to look at changing their methods too.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053