[NAGDU] Hello

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:59:35 UTC 2015

Lisa,
Most schools here don't train dogs younger than 1 either. Formal guide
training has been shortened to 4 months at many schools. So if a
1-yr-old is turned in for training and passes formal guide training, a
young 16-mo-old dog comes out the other side.

That is too young for my liking, but it doesn't make a major
difference to many. Many folks also see more benefits to attending a
specific program, even if they feel issuing young dogs is a drawback,
as all schools have something different to offer their clients.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs