[NAGDU] [nagdu] Blind man, guide dog banned from bus ride in Tampa | WFLA.com

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 16 12:08:53 UTC 2015

People that have phobia over animals do need to get some help at some point in their lives.
I know the feeling of dog phobia as I once had it, due to hearing about a teacher from the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind being attacked by five rottwillers; December 6, 1988.
She almost died due to the loss of blood.
I was almost bitten by a springer spaniel in 1994 just before I began my freshman year at Hinkley High School.
Although I came in contact with a few guide dogs and other types of service dogs, I kept my distance unless their handler gave me permission to say hello to them.
Since being a handler for fifteen and a half years off and on, I still will take percautions when it comes to canines.
Rlue of thumb I have for myself is to still ask the dog owner/user if I can say hello before petting.
I know a lot of people may not agress with this, but when I use Accessaride here in Denver, Colorado, I have on file that Odie is a service dog.
I hope for the best of this situation and I fully agree: it needs to be resolved.
Bibi and MAR son Odie
soon to be retiring