[NAGDU] Standing heel position, revisited

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 21:58:44 UTC 2015

David,
This command does not make my dog move forward, it makes him move his
rear end to the left toward me and out of others way. Perhaps I didn't
describe things well, which is not my strongsuit.

The issue I was having was that my dog would stand with his left
shoulder touching my thigh, but his rear half would be hanging out in
the isle. I needed a way to get him to move his rear half in toward me
without having to physically push his butt in every time.

The specific behavior I taught my dog was to curl outward, away from
me, so that his rear half naturally moves inward toward me. This isn't
exactly curling though, because his front half doesn't move away from
me.

Hopefully, that made things clearer. Maybe someone else can explain this better.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs