[NAGDU] Behavior Changes?

Lisa Belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Mon Dec 21 21:59:53 UTC 2015

Hi.  I hate to do "I agree Messages," but like others have said, don't
stress.  <smile>

I know it's frustrating when they do things and you just cannot for the life
of you figure out what's causing it.  My last dog did this for a while.
We'd been together for about two years with no problems of fear or shyness.
Several times a week, Katy and I were going over to a neighbor's apartment
in a different part of this complex.  We had been over there before, but not
as regularly.  Right from the start of our regular visits, Katy started
trembling as soon as she got into this person's apartment.  Before Katy
loved going to this person's apartment for two or three hours at a time, in
fact, she loved this person and continued to love this person even while she
was shaking and shivering.  She just shook and shivered the whole time we
were there.  I tried a variety of things from keeping her on leash but
attached to a table in the same room with us, to keeping her in a completely
different room, a hard thing to do because this was a small apartment with a
fairly open floor plan.  Katy was fine up until we entered the apartment and
fine afterward.  This lasted for several months and one day it just stopped.
I remember asking for advice and people suggested things ranging from
someone died in that apartment recently to Katy was hearing something
neither of us could hear.  I have no clue what it was for sure except that
no one died in that apartment because my friend had been living there for
several years.  I never found out what it was.

Jenny could just be sensing your relief mixed with trepidation about leaving
this job you didn't like and trying to find another one.  Also, wasn't this
the building with the funky rotten egg smell?  Maybe this is what's
triggering her anxiety, if it is even genuine anxiety.

So, just to summarize, you may never know what it was Jenny is reacting to.
It could be something obvious that you can fix, but it's probably something
in her doggie brain that you'd need the Vulcan Mind Meld to figure out what
it is.  If she seems happy most of the time, isn't in pain or obviously
sick/moepy, be happy she's young, healthy and loves working.

That's really all you can do as a handler.  If you really do start stressing
and second guessing her moods she will pick up on this and might do more
weird/unwelcome work place things.

Lisa and the Mostly Mellow Paige

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Veni, Vedi, Visa. I came. I Saw. I did a little shopping.