[NAGDU] How Much Food?

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:10:09 UTC 2015

Honestly, it’s gong to depend on the dog. Dallas is about 55 pounds, and gets 2 and a half cups a day. He gets over  mile in work each day and is very active. But it will depend on the food, the activity level of your dog, her metabolism, and other factors. Is this the amount of food that was fed to her at the school? If so, this amount shouldn’t need adjusted too much, unless you change her diet. At TSE, we were taught how to check our dog’s weight so that it didn’t get too out of hand. If I notice, while doing my normal examination of my dog during grooming, that he has gained too much weight, as I did when I first changed his food, I adjust his food accordingly. Now, with his current amount of work and activity, he seems to be getting the proper amount of food. But, again, he is just one dog and what I do for him in terms of food measurements may not work for your dog.
I hope this gives you at least some insight and I hope that others will chime in on this topic as well.
Aleeha and the snoozing one