[NAGDU] How Much Food?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Dec 24 15:30:04 UTC 2015

I agree with Julie and Aleeha.  You feel your dog's weight, and adjust
accordingly.
A dog may need differing amounts of food throughout his life, depending on
work and metabolism.  For instance, I'm currently cutting my old dog's food
back a bit, since his metabolism is slower than it was in his youth, and
he's also not getting as much exercise. Consequently, he's getting a bit
chunky, I notice during grooming.
I also adjusted Krokus's food a bit when we got home from class, because I
changed his food, and because our work regime is different than what he did
in training.
Right now, he is eating about 2-1/4 cups a day, because he's a bit thin.
When he's at what I feel is the right weight, I'll probably cut back to 2
cups, and see how that goes.
Tracy