[NAGDU] Tips please

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 31 00:40:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

Several years ago a trainer issued me a micro prong collar.  He said it was
a way to equalize my limited strength.  I found it did help me to have
better control over a young energetic dog.  After a while, whenever the dog
saw me pull it out of my pocket, she immediately stopped pulling and
misbehaving.  It is just a training tool so, I do wonder why so many guide
dog handlers are reluctant to use them.  As Rox said in her post, many
physically disabled people, with limited strength, use them to help have
better control over their dogs.  It can be especially helpful until a very
young dog gains maturity and more consistent good behavior.

Sandra