[NAGDU] Tips please

bettyJo guide.dog.teams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 02:28:03 UTC 2015

hi Dar,

Your phrase "will against will@" doesn't surprise me.  Years ago when I got my first guide we were all warned that during week 3 and then again after we were home for a while our dogs would test the envelope.  sure enough our dogs tested us just as the trainers warned us.

i now have my 4th guide and she is from a different school.  they have all tested the envelope.

i choose to find many many opportunities to tell my dog she is good so I am not a "bad guy" in her eyes (and mine too).

Only work on a couple behaviors at a time.  write down what you're workking on and log your progress.

reward reward reward.  it might take a lot of dedication on your part but you won't feel like you are fighting with your dog because you're teaching her what you want to happen.

(worked with my kids too!)

hang in.

diane,

Sent from my iPhone