[nagdu] Speeding up

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Feb 12 15:23:24 UTC 2015

As some of you may recall, I've been having problems since class with Krokus
being very slow in some situations, like walking around the town where I
live.  A trainer came out to help me with this and some other things, and he
recommended I talk to Krokus more than my class trainer thought I should,
and click and treat when we got to a downcurb.  I'm happy to say this seems
to be working.  It's hard to be sure, since we can't really boogy in all the
ice and snow, but he's definitely moving at a much better pace than he was.

I've also started C&T-ing him for walking up to the top of stairs, instead
of stopping 5 feet short and creeping up on them.  Now he's getting close
enough that I can stick out my foot and find the edge without a million
hopp-ups.  I think, even after doing it a couple times, that I can stop
C&T-ing now, and just praise him up instead.

So the clicker has been very helpful.  Just thought I'd share, as I'm sure
others have or will have similar troubles.

Tracy