[nagdu] so proud of my puppy

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 12:47:48 UTC 2015

Way to go!

I totally get how miserable dog distractions can be.  When Jetta first came
to me, she had no dog distraction issues.  I was used to Monty and out of
habit, I handled Jetta in the same way.  Jetta is not Monty and she took
full advantage of my softer handling techniques.  She quickly developed a
serious dog distraction issue.  It was  really tough to admit  I was the
source of the problem, but once I did and took responsibility for fixing it,
we have made huge improvements very quickly.  She is not to the point of
calmly walking past barking dogs, but she no longer completely looses her
mind.  Progress is awesome!

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC
Visit my new website on developing courage and living authentically:
http://www.falling-up.com